Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)
Have you been injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident? At Active Physio Works with locations in South and North Edmonton, St. Albert and Fort Saskatchewan, we can help. Each of our clinics are a Motor Vehicle Accident authorized treatment provider. Motor Vehicle Accidents can cause pain and discomfort disrupting your everyday life.
- If you've recently been involved in a motor vehicle accident, please notify us when you call as we can get you in as soon as possible for your initial assessment. When you contact your adjuster to inform them of your accident, please be sure to mention your bodily injuries as well so they can they open a claim along with your vehicle accident claim.
- Please note, that is your right as the claimant to choose the clinic in which you go to. Your insurance adjuster may recommend a location but it is your right to choose where you attend Physiotherapy.
- At the time of your initial assessment, you will complete the AB-1 accident injury form with our receptionists at the front desk. Once you're taken back to meet with your Physiotherapist, they will complete the AB-2 accident injury form including your diagnosis and recommend treatment plan which our clinics will send to the insurer.
- Based on the restrictions set by the Diagnostic Treatment Protocols, you must book into see a Physiotherapist within 10 days to qualify. If it is after 10 days but still within a short time frame, your insurance adjuster may approve to go within protocols but it is up there discretion. If it is outside of the Diagnostic Treatment Protocols or the severity of your injury diagnosis is within Section B, then your treatments will have to be submitted through your extended health care until exhaustion. Should extended health care not be available, direct billing can potentially be coordinated depending on the direction from your adjuster.
- The treatments which have been approved under Diagnostic Protocols are effective for either 90 days from the time of the accident or until the completion of a pre-determined number of treatments (10 or 21 treatments depending on the severity and diagnosis of your injuries) and approvals from your adjuster.
- For more information in regards to Motor Vehicle Accidents, please visit www.autoinsurance.gov.ab.ca
If you have questions directly related to Motor Vehicle Accidents, you can contact our
Motor Vehicle Accident Manager, Donna by calling 780-458-8505 ext 8507.
To book an assessment following a Motor Vehicle Accident at one of our clinic locations, call 780-458-8505 or visit our online booking page here: