Active Physio Works continues to monitor the coronavirus pandemic and how it is affecting us locally, nationally and globally. Our ultimate goal remains safety for our patients, staff, contractors, facilities, families and the public at large.
At Active Physio Works, the care of our patients and team is paramount. Based on the direction of the Physiotherapy Alberta College & Association, patients with urgent care needs be prioritized for in-person services and that physiotherapists defer non-urgent services utilizing other methods.
Our Physiotherapists will be offering virtual care for their patients to ensure treatment plans are maintained as much as possible for our current and new patients.
Learn more about Virtual Care:
To book in for virtual care, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate or call 780-458-8505 during reception hours of 9am-12pm.
Urgent care services will be available from 9am-12pm Monday-Friday in our clinics. Because of the limited time afforded to us for hands on work in the clinic this time will be reserved for those most in need of care.
We have been working closely with Alberta Health Services and have been inspected and passed their guidelines with regards to distancing individuals in the waiting room and treatment rooms as well as hand washing procedures for both patients and therapists and cleaning of equipment throughout the clinic. That said, guidelines for social distancing have changed in recent weeks due to the emergence of community transmission thus ANYONE with, or have been in contact with anyone, exhibiting signs of illness such as fever, coughing, sneezing, nausea/vomiting WILL NOT be treated at the clinic for a minimum of 14 days from onset of symptoms.
Appointments for urgent care, will be made by calling our team at 780-458-8505. Should you call us after hours, please leave a message and we will return it the next business day or email us at email@example.com
How do I book virtual care?
Call us during 9am-12pm when receptionists are working at our clinics or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up with an account.
What do I need for virtual care?
The Orbcare Platform works on both mobile and laptop/desktop. The following devices have been tested and known to be compatible.
- Windows PCs running Windows 7 or greater with Chrome or Firefox
- Apple Mac devices running macOS v10.11 or greater Chrome or Firefox
- Android devices
- Apple iPhone devices
- Please ensure your browsers have the latest versions
How to attend a video session:
- You will receive an email 24 hours before your appointment time with a link to the appointment and a Video Session Access Code
- When your appointment is about to start (up to 15 minutes before the scheduled time), click the link and input your session code to test your connection and join the session.
- Once the Orbcare screen loads press "Click to Start Call" to start your call.
- If you're having issues, please contact Orbcare support by using the chat button on the bottom right corner of your session screen.
How to attend a dial-in session:
- You will receive an email 24 hours before your appointment time with a dial-in option, the Account Access Number, Appointment Number, and Session Access Code
- When your appointment is about to start (up to 15 minutes before the scheduled time), call from any phone and follow the prompts to input your Account Access Number, Appointment Number, and Session Access Code
- If you're having issues, please click the Join Appointment link in your appointment confirmation email and contact Orbcare support by using the chat button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
If you would like to cancel or reschedule your virtual care appointment:
Please call 780-458-8505 or email email@example.com - should you contact us after hours and are unable to get a hold of someone before your session, please initiate the call with the provider and let them know instead of not attending.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time. Wishing you all the best during this time.
For updates directly from Physiotherapy Alberta, please visit their website here: https://www.physiotherapyalberta.ca/covid_19_pandemic/